Full return to school risk assessment:
Nursery Risk Assessment:
This page is a collection of information to support you and your families through the quarantine period. If you have any questions regarding school please contact the school through the usual channels on the contact page.
Virtual School Helpline 01224 523322
ACC Crisis Support Line 0800 0304 713
CFine food parcels – if you are experiencing difficulties getting to the shops or are feeling the additional cost of eating all of the time at home, please contact the school and we will try to arrange a food delivery for you. If you are aware of other people in the community who may need help please make a referral to the community centre food banks e.g. Mastrick Community Center Facebook page:
Please be advised that CERG (C-19 Education Recovery Group) have published guidance on reducing the risk of C-19 in schools, which can be accessed via the following link:
Podcasts for parents of children on the Autistic Spectrum
Lord Provost Hardship Fund
The Lord Provost is to launch a fund to support individuals and families affected by COVID-19. The initial fund is £100k but it is anticipated that this will be matched by the Common Good Fund and added to by other funding streams. Individuals and families will be able to apply for themselves online – or they can phone the ACC Crisis Support Line 0800 0304 713 to access funds. The funding criteria will be:
- People suffering financial hardship as a result of COVID-19
- People whose income has been directly affected by COPVID-19 – a reduction of 50% or more of household income
- Individuals with an income of less than 20k
- Families with an income of less than 30k
- Other support options must have been explored
- People can only apply once every 31 days
The maximum for an individual application will be £200 and for a family £300.
Scottish Government Guidance to Support Home Learning
New guidance to support the home learning of children and young people during the new term was issued yesterday. It aims to build on the significant amount of positive work that has already been undertaken by teachers and education professionals across Scotland to support learning at home, as well as the advice and resources that are already available.
The guidance covers three main areas:
- learning and teaching at home: this includes support for digital learning; children who are likely to be disproportionately impacted; and learners with additional support needs
- parental involvement and engagement: this includes details of local and national support and how local authorities/schools will require a different approach to being updated on a child’s development
- support for teachers and school leaders: including advice on learning resources; supporting pupils’ and staff health and wellbeing; and on leading colleagues and teams during this period
The full document is available at:
Police Scotland Survey
Police Scotland has commissioned a survey to provide a platform for those in all our communities to have their voice heard during these challenging times, and beyond.
The feedback from the survey aims to capture people’s feeling of safety and any concerns they have which we can address operationally and through information campaigns.
The survey, which takes about 10 minutes to complete, can be accessed via the link below and the Police would be grateful if you could share the survey with your school community.
A very useful guide for parents about looking after our own mental health during quarantine:
A social story to download and complete with your children to help them understand the Coronavirus and how to stay safe:
An adult guide for speaking about illness with children
New Grampian Coronavirus assistance hub, with a link to the British Red cross:for support getting food in emergency:
All you need to know to get started on Google Classroom. If you have any problems e-mail your child’s class teacher if you can’t find the solution in this guide:
The Autism outreach service page has lots of links to support children with autistic spectrum condition: